The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 2.99% or 2.70 points to trade at 92.96 at the close. Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) added 2.18% or 0.260 points to end at 12.200 and Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) was up 1.44% or 0.49 points to 34.49 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ), which lost 1.87% or 1.95 points to trade at 102.60 in late trade. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) declined 1.18% or 0.190 points to end at 15.865 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) shed 1.18% or 0.26 points to 21.77.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Altran Technologies SA (PA: ALTT ) which rose 3.41% to 10.770, Electricite de France SA (PA: EDF ) which was up 3.01% to settle at 12.48 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which gained 2.99% to close at 92.96.
The worst performers were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was down 2.58% to 1.700 in late trade, Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which lost 2.19% to settle at 18.290 and SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 2.07% to 14.88 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 338 to 235 and 94 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 5.12% to 11.61 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.21% or 2.75 to $1292.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.92% or 0.59 to hit $63.30 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.60% or 0.43 to trade at $71.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.05% to 1.1306, while EUR/GBP fell 0.23% to 0.8626.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 96.512.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.