The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ), which rose 1.10% or 1.20 points to trade at 110.60 at the close. Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) added 0.97% or 0.80 points to end at 82.96 and Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) was up 0.70% or 0.90 points to 128.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ), which lost 2.94% or 0.67 points to trade at 22.09 in late trade. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) declined 1.51% or 0.230 points to end at 15.020 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) shed 1.18% or 0.245 points to 20.605.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which rose 5.38% to 12.730, Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which was up 3.91% to settle at 54.50 and Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which gained 3.42% to close at 2.266.
The worst performers were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 4.55% to 1.029 in late trade, Ipsos (PA: ISOS ) which lost 3.64% to settle at 21.68 and Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which was down 3.03% to 63.900 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 291 to 257 and 104 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.24% to 13.59.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.10% or 1.35 to $1328.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.09% or 0.05 to hit $55.43 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.52% or 0.34 to trade at $65.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.1373, while EUR/GBP fell 0.99% to 0.8586.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 96.047.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.