The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which rose 2.28% or 1.35 points to trade at 60.45 at the close. Safran SA (PA: SAF ) added 2.25% or 2.40 points to end at 108.85 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) was up 2.01% or 0.62 points to 31.77 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 3.10% or 0.638 points to trade at 19.942 in late trade. Total SA (PA: TOTF ) declined 3.01% or 1.48 points to end at 47.59 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) shed 2.79% or 0.57 points to 19.85.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which rose 12.11% to 75.00, Trigano (PA: TRIA ) which was up 4.52% to settle at 86.75 and GTT (PA: GTT ) which gained 4.15% to close at 66.50.
The worst performers were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was down 5.07% to 1.293 in late trade, Solocal Group SA (PA: LOCAL ) which lost 4.15% to settle at 0.554 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which was down 3.10% to 19.942 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 338 to 237 and 101 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.65% to 19.08.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.36% or 4.40 to $1223.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 6.50% or 3.55 to hit $51.08 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 5.61% or 3.51 to trade at $59.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.61% to 1.1334, while EUR/GBP fell 0.15% to 0.8843.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.25% at 96.822.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.