The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 1.72% or 2.16 points to trade at 127.16 at the close. Societe Generale (PA: SOGN ) added 1.53% or 0.66 points to end at 43.51 and Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) was up 1.44% or 0.200 points to 14.125 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which lost 2.54% or 0.58 points to trade at 22.49 in late trade. Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) declined 0.89% or 0.43 points to end at 48.68 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) shed 0.38% or 0.06 points to 14.46.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were GTT (PA: GTT ) which rose 1.78% to 45.85, Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which was up 1.72% to settle at 127.16 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which gained 1.57% to close at 50.49.
The worst performers were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which was down 2.64% to 22.500 in late trade, TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which lost 2.54% to settle at 22.49 and Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which was down 1.93% to 27.49 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 306 to 284 and 101 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.96% to 11.65.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.35% or 4.48 to $1287.72 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.47% or 0.85 to hit $58.87 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.22% or 0.14 to trade at $63.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.67% to 1.1930, while EUR/GBP rose 0.54% to 0.8951.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 92.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.