The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 2.68% or 0.59 points to trade at 22.59 at the close. Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) added 2.64% or 0.73 points to end at 28.43 and Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) was up 2.19% or 0.265 points to 12.390 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Total SA (PA: TOTF ), which lost 1.52% or 0.75 points to trade at 48.59 in late trade. Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ) declined 1.20% or 1.25 points to end at 102.65 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) shed 0.96% or 1.50 points to 154.45.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Trigano SA (PA: TRIA ) which rose 4.11% to 84.80, TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which was up 2.68% to settle at 22.59 and Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) which gained 2.64% to close at 28.43.
The worst performers were Mercialys SA (PA: MERY ) which was down 4.21% to 12.07 in late trade, Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which lost 2.46% to settle at 12.28 and CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was down 2.00% to 1.668 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 301 to 268 and 99 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 2.51% to 13.07.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.62% or 7.95 to $1280.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.36% or 0.23 to hit $63.53 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.36% or 0.26 to trade at $71.89 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.30% to 1.1181, while EUR/GBP rose 0.21% to 0.8645.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 97.597.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.