The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ), which rose 1.33% or 0.80 points to trade at 60.99 at the close. Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) added 1.21% or 0.24 points to end at 20.51 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) was up 1.12% or 0.94 points to 84.54 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ), which lost 0.83% or 0.12 points to trade at 14.31 in late trade. Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) declined 0.82% or 1.00 points to end at 121.30 and Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ) shed 0.81% or 0.40 points to 48.99.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Ipsen (PA: IPN ) which rose 6.11% to 119.80, Innate Pharma (PA: IPH ) which was up 3.20% to settle at 10.330 and Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which gained 2.04% to close at 20.73.
The worst performers were Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was down 2.12% to 12.900 in late trade, Iliad (PA: ILD ) which lost 1.87% to settle at 220.50 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which was down 1.81% to 39.500 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 309 to 292 and 96 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 6.91% to 11.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.11% or 1.50 to $1306.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.82% or 0.42 to hit $51.87 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.05% or 0.60 to trade at $57.77 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.11% to 1.1809, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8889.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 92.99.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.