The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which rose 4.31% or 1.96 points to trade at 47.41 at the close. STMicroelectronics (PA: STM ) added 1.79% or 0.330 points to end at 18.785 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) was up 1.68% or 1.02 points to 61.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 5.38% or 6.55 points to trade at 115.20 in late trade. Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) declined 1.69% or 0.36 points to end at 20.94 and Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) shed 1.01% or 0.62 points to 60.88.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which rose 14.92% to 130.20, Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which was up 10.11% to settle at 52.30 and Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which gained 7.22% to close at 23.76.
The worst performers were GTT (PA: GTT ) which was down 8.12% to 54.85 in late trade, Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which lost 5.38% to settle at 115.20 and Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 3.37% to 2.924 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 293 to 286 and 89 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 2.10% to 16.95.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.01% or 0.10 to $1331.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.32% or 0.20 to hit $61.59 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.02% or 0.01 to trade at $65.24 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.17% to 1.2316, while EUR/GBP rose 0.10% to 0.8825.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 89.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.