The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which rose 2.82% or 0.795 points to trade at 29.020 at the close. Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) added 1.78% or 0.74 points to end at 42.24 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) was up 1.66% or 0.45 points to 27.48 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ), which lost 5.17% or 2.32 points to trade at 42.58 in late trade. BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) declined 1.28% or 0.81 points to end at 62.59 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) shed 0.45% or 0.50 points to 110.10.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which rose 6.36% to 35.100, Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which was up 3.39% to settle at 155.60 and ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which gained 3.15% to close at 14.39.
The worst performers were Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) which was down 5.17% to 42.58 in late trade, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which lost 2.86% to settle at 8.096 and Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 1.66% to 4.871 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 289 to 265 and 92 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 6.61% to 12.13.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.02% or 0.30 to $1312.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.97% or 1.35 to hit $69.78 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.67% or 1.23 to trade at $74.85 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.38% to 1.1944, while EUR/GBP fell 0.09% to 0.8826.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 92.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.