The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ), which rose 3.96% or 4.20 points to trade at 110.20 at the close. Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) added 2.37% or 2.55 points to end at 109.95 and Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) was up 2.05% or 2.10 points to 104.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 2.68% or 0.448 points to trade at 16.240 in late trade. Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) declined 2.45% or 0.88 points to end at 35.08 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) shed 1.13% or 1.66 points to 144.94.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which rose 12.20% to 18.300, Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which was up 4.42% to settle at 106.20 and EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) which gained 3.96% to close at 110.20.
The worst performers were Aeroports de Paris SA (PA: ADP ) which was down 9.73% to 153.00 in late trade, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which lost 3.36% to settle at 16.100 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which was down 2.68% to 16.240 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 307 to 250 and 105 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 9.45% to 17.04.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.28% or 3.65 to $1288.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.41% or 0.25 to hit $61.95 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.71% or 0.50 to trade at $70.89 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.1237, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8626.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 97.058.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.