The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ), which rose 3.48% or 0.82 points to trade at 24.39 at the close. Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) added 2.33% or 2.35 points to end at 103.35 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) was up 2.12% or 0.55 points to 26.44 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ), which lost 1.28% or 1.36 points to trade at 104.94 in late trade. Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) declined 0.96% or 0.170 points to end at 17.480 and Schneider Electric SE (PA: SCHN ) shed 0.64% or 0.44 points to 68.68.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which rose 14.41% to 82.95, Casino Guichard (PA: CASP ) which was up 5.14% to settle at 37.22 and GTT (PA: GTT ) which gained 4.68% to close at 68.20.
The worst performers were Korian Medica SA (PA: KORI ) which was down 2.97% to 32.000 in late trade, Eurofins Scientific (PA: EUFI ) which lost 1.90% to settle at 476.00 and Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 1.88% to 24.040 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 294 to 258 and 112 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.76% to 13.34.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.19% or 2.30 to $1203.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.15% or 0.79 to hit $69.47 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.10% or 0.86 to trade at $78.91 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.09% to 1.1673, while EUR/GBP fell 0.04% to 0.8876.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 94.17.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.