The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which rose 3.26% or 0.91 points to trade at 28.80 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 2.90% or 0.430 points to end at 15.250 and Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) was up 2.82% or 0.71 points to 26.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ), which lost 1.11% or 1.08 points to trade at 96.14 in late trade. Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) declined 0.99% or 0.14 points to end at 13.53 and Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) shed 0.93% or 1.20 points to 128.00.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which rose 9.00% to 1.078, Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which was up 6.69% to settle at 52.45 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which gained 6.59% to close at 43.00.
The worst performers were Ipsen SA (PA: IPN ) which was down 6.54% to 115.05 in late trade, Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which lost 3.27% to settle at 103.40 and Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which was down 2.22% to 8.130 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 322 to 264 and 81 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 4.24% to 13.56 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.23% or 3.05 to $1329.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 3.00% or 1.72 to hit $55.54 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 3.09% or 2.08 to trade at $65.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.09% to 1.1352, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8676.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 96.360.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.