The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which rose 2.80% or 0.77 points to trade at 28.24 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 2.73% or 0.375 points to end at 14.105 and Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) was up 1.85% or 0.85 points to 46.86 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 1.95% or 1.72 points to trade at 86.30 in late trade. Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) declined 1.14% or 1.25 points to end at 108.60 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) shed 0.78% or 0.13 points to 16.64.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which rose 3.44% to 13.22, Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which was up 3.37% to settle at 41.43 and Compagnie Plastic Omnium SA (PA: PLOF ) which gained 2.87% to close at 25.47.
The worst performers were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which was down 1.95% to 86.30 in late trade, CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which lost 1.79% to settle at 1.809 and Neopost SA (PA: NPOS ) which was down 1.67% to 21.22 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 342 to 231 and 87 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 1.08% to 14.46.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.03% or 0.45 to $1293.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.20% or 0.74 to hit $62.33 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.35% or 0.24 to trade at $69.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.21% to 1.1189, while EUR/GBP rose 0.29% to 0.8582.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 97.062.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.