The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 3.81% or 0.98 points to trade at 26.69 at the close. Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) added 2.02% or 0.345 points to end at 17.390 and Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) was up 1.92% or 1.66 points to 88.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ), which lost 2.20% or 0.78 points to trade at 34.42 in late trade. Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) declined 1.95% or 0.30 points to end at 15.33 and Safran SA (PA: SAF ) shed 1.80% or 2.05 points to 111.95.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which rose 5.19% to 8.830, TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which was up 3.81% to settle at 26.69 and Nexans (PA: NEXS ) which gained 3.63% to close at 25.99.
The worst performers were Ipsen (PA: IPN ) which was down 5.55% to 131.00 in late trade, Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which lost 4.74% to settle at 62.30 and Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which was down 4.43% to 59.875 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 335 to 239 and 92 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 5.49% to 15.91.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.24% or 2.80 to $1191.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.69% or 0.51 to hit $74.80 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.97% or 0.81 to trade at $84.72 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.06% to 1.1485, while EUR/GBP fell 0.43% to 0.8741.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 95.43.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.