The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ), which rose 3.71% or 1.77 points to trade at 49.52 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 2.14% or 0.340 points to end at 16.205 and EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) was up 2.12% or 2.15 points to 103.75 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ), which lost 2.05% or 0.54 points to trade at 25.83 in late trade. Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) declined 1.79% or 2.85 points to end at 156.10 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) shed 1.31% or 1.22 points to 91.74.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which rose 19.68% to 71.02, Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) which was up 3.71% to settle at 49.52 and Euronext (PA: ENX ) which gained 3.07% to close at 60.40.
The worst performers were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was down 2.62% to 1.655 in late trade, Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which lost 2.36% to settle at 1.156 and Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which was down 2.20% to 75.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 340 to 223 and 100 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 1.79% to 11.82.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 1.12% or 14.45 to $1276.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.41% or 0.26 to hit $63.66 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.27% or 0.19 to trade at $71.37 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.20% to 1.1284, while EUR/GBP rose 0.19% to 0.8646.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 96.688.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.