The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 3.08% or 0.605 points to trade at 20.270 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 2.93% or 0.755 points to end at 26.485 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) was up 1.47% or 0.71 points to 49.17 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ), which lost 0.89% or 0.12 points to trade at 13.32 in late trade. Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) declined 0.86% or 0.74 points to end at 85.50 and Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) shed 0.78% or 0.46 points to 58.30.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which rose 4.04% to 103.600, STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which was up 3.08% to settle at 20.270 and Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which gained 2.96% to close at 5.352.
The worst performers were Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which was down 4.91% to 73.60 in late trade, CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which lost 1.83% to settle at 2.146 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which was down 1.69% to 52.300 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 317 to 250 and 101 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 6.96% to 11.35 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.06% or 0.70 to $1226.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.30% or 0.20 to hit $67.36 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.75% or 0.54 to trade at $72.70 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.01% to 1.1659, while EUR/GBP rose 0.34% to 0.8922.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 94.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.