The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which rose 4.18% or 1.16 points to trade at 28.91 at the close. Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) added 3.21% or 15.40 points to end at 495.50 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) was up 2.26% or 0.325 points to 14.695 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ), which lost 1.61% or 0.29 points to trade at 17.71 in late trade. Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) declined 1.03% or 0.33 points to end at 31.34 and Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) shed 0.91% or 0.76 points to 83.16.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which rose 5.44% to 11.445, Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which was up 5.10% to settle at 44.08 and Teleperformance SE (PA: ROCH ) which gained 5.10% to close at 165.00.
The worst performers were Dassault Aviation SA (PA: AVMD ) which was down 3.45% to 1429.00 in late trade, Ipsos (PA: ISOS ) which lost 1.64% to settle at 22.82 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) which was down 1.61% to 17.71 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 365 to 216 and 77 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 7.25% to 12.66 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.36% or 17.95 to $1298.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 2.22% or 1.27 to hit $55.95 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.98% or 1.31 to trade at $65.00 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.04% to 1.1366, while EUR/GBP rose 0.45% to 0.8609.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.34% at 96.373.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.