The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ), which rose 2.11% or 1.99 points to trade at 96.16 at the close. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) added 1.86% or 0.50 points to end at 27.42 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) was up 1.28% or 0.56 points to 44.57 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ), which lost 1.83% or 2.55 points to trade at 136.45 in late trade. Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) declined 1.10% or 0.72 points to end at 64.48 and Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ) shed 0.87% or 1.00 points to 113.45.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which rose 2.96% to 5.220, Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) which was up 2.11% to settle at 96.16 and Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which gained 2.04% to close at 20.96.
The worst performers were SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 8.03% to 11.68 in late trade, Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which lost 5.69% to settle at 139.20 and Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which was down 4.81% to 88.100 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 288 to 272 and 91 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.74% to 12.35.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.96% or 12.90 to $1325.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.26% or 0.18 to hit $68.22 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.24% or 0.18 to trade at $74.24 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.60% to 1.2214, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8758.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.62% at 90.64.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.