The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which rose 6.59% or 0.928 points to trade at 15.014 at the close. Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) added 2.68% or 0.88 points to end at 33.48 and Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) was up 2.57% or 2.70 points to 107.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ), which lost 1.55% or 1.20 points to trade at 76.10 in late trade. Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) declined 1.43% or 0.35 points to end at 24.20 and Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) shed 0.85% or 0.180 points to 21.110.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which rose 6.59% to 15.014, CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was up 5.84% to settle at 1.558 and Imerys SA (PA: IMTP ) which gained 4.47% to close at 42.04.
The worst performers were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which was down 16.49% to 17.820 in late trade, Korian Medica SA (PA: KORI ) which lost 4.07% to settle at 35.360 and DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was down 4.05% to 15.880 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 304 to 277 and 79 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.61% to 14.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.23% or 3.05 to $1332.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $53.23 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.26% or 0.16 to trade at $62.13 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.1328, while EUR/GBP fell 0.16% to 0.8902.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 96.653.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.