The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ), which rose 1.98% or 2.50 points to trade at 129.00 at the close. Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) added 1.88% or 1.42 points to end at 76.91 and Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) was up 1.73% or 2.40 points to 140.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 2.23% or 2.40 points to trade at 105.25 in late trade. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) declined 1.79% or 0.290 points to end at 15.895 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) shed 1.63% or 0.45 points to 27.12.
The worst performers were Trigano (PA: TRIA ) which was down 14.69% to 96.15 in late trade, Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which lost 9.82% to settle at 61.550 and Orpea (PA: ORP ) which was down 3.07% to 110.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 286 to 279 and 97 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was unchanged 0.00% to 12.31.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.97% or 11.60 to $1187.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.64% or 0.46 to hit $72.03 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.50% or 0.40 to trade at $81.19 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.53% to 1.1678, while EUR/GBP fell 0.04% to 0.8912.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.54% at 94.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.