The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which rose 4.28% or 2.32 points to trade at 56.57 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 4.05% or 0.540 points to end at 13.858 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) was up 3.66% or 0.87 points to 24.63 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ), which lost 2.92% or 3.90 points to trade at 129.60 in late trade. Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) declined 2.40% or 0.34 points to end at 13.81 and Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) shed 1.70% or 2.70 points to 156.30.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which rose 13.45% to 1.468, Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which was up 6.64% to settle at 35.32 and Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which gained 5.15% to close at 8.675.
The worst performers were Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which was down 3.27% to 71.080 in late trade, Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which lost 2.95% to settle at 32.86 and Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) which was down 2.92% to 129.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 347 to 212 and 100 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.64% to 15.78.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.03% or 0.35 to $1328.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.49% or 0.26 to hit $53.51 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.90% or 0.55 to trade at $61.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.05% to 1.1245, while EUR/GBP fell 0.12% to 0.8863.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 97.123.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.