The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ), which rose 12.01% or 1.67 points to trade at 15.57 at the close. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) added 6.09% or 1.63 points to end at 28.41 and Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) was up 3.34% or 2.82 points to 87.36 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kering SA (PA: PRTP ), which lost 7.72% or 38.80 points to trade at 464.00 in late trade. Cap Gemini SA (PA: CAPP ) declined 3.58% or 4.20 points to end at 113.00 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) shed 3.25% or 1.46 points to 43.45.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were GTT (PA: GTT ) which rose 13.96% to 57.55, SES (PA: SESFd ) which was up 12.13% to settle at 17.29 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) which gained 12.01% to close at 15.57.
The worst performers were Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which was down 8.55% to 158.40 in late trade, Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) which lost 7.72% to settle at 464.00 and Nexans (PA: NEXS ) which was down 7.45% to 27.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 307 to 255 and 105 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 2.75% to 11.87.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.02% or 0.20 to $1225.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.56% or 0.39 to hit $69.22 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.03% or 0.02 to trade at $74.56 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.10% to 1.1655, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8891.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 94.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.