The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ), which rose 3.24% or 3.40 points to trade at 108.48 at the close. Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) added 2.66% or 0.97 points to end at 37.50 and Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) was up 2.27% or 2.50 points to 112.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sodexo (PA: EXHO ), which lost 2.42% or 2.24 points to trade at 90.14 in late trade. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) declined 1.55% or 0.255 points to end at 16.185 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) shed 1.43% or 0.395 points to 27.320.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which rose 3.53% to 25.20, Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) which was up 3.24% to settle at 108.48 and Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) which gained 2.66% to close at 37.50.
The worst performers were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which was down 4.72% to 20.580 in late trade, Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which lost 4.41% to settle at 68.250 and GTT (PA: GTT ) which was down 2.96% to 60.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 289 to 286 and 101 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.31% to 12.31.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.55% or 6.60 to $1198.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.62% or 0.45 to hit $71.83 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.22% or 0.18 to trade at $81.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.18% to 1.1746, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8917.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 93.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.