The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which rose 4.13% or 0.845 points to trade at 21.285 at the close. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) added 3.26% or 1.00 points to end at 31.65 and EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) was up 3.23% or 3.35 points to 107.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ), which lost 2.72% or 2.04 points to trade at 73.06 in late trade. Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) declined 1.38% or 0.23 points to end at 16.77 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) shed 0.89% or 1.40 points to 155.10.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which rose 13.21% to 2.400, Tarkett (PA: TKTT ) which was up 9.88% to settle at 20.24 and Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which gained 6.68% to close at 19.470.
The worst performers were GTT (PA: GTT ) which was down 5.37% to 82.80 in late trade, Sartorius Stedim Biotech SA (PA: STDM ) which lost 5.17% to settle at 106.40 and Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which was down 3.83% to 72.80 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 314 to 264 and 83 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 0.79% to 11.73.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.13% or 1.65 to $1275.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $64.06 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.14% or 0.10 to trade at $71.82 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.1297, while EUR/GBP rose 0.24% to 0.8665.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 96.670.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.