The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 3.61% or 0.545 points to trade at 15.635 at the close. Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) added 2.88% or 3.15 points to end at 112.40 and Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) was up 2.40% or 0.77 points to 32.92 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ), which lost 2.60% or 0.295 points to trade at 11.070 in late trade. Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) declined 1.93% or 2.05 points to end at 104.35 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) shed 0.98% or 0.52 points to 52.59.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which rose 4.52% to 38.85, Eiffage SA (PA: FOUG ) which was up 4.33% to settle at 90.66 and Ipsen SA (PA: IPN ) which gained 3.71% to close at 109.00.
The worst performers were Eutelsat Communications SA (PA: ETL ) which was down 6.33% to 15.31 in late trade, Metropole Television SA (PA: MMTP ) which lost 4.09% to settle at 16.66 and Trigano SA (PA: TRIA ) which was down 3.38% to 72.80 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 306 to 248 and 81 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 9.18% to 15.23.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.18% or 2.35 to $1298.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.37% or 0.23 to hit $62.01 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.83% or 0.59 to trade at $71.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1207, while EUR/GBP rose 0.32% to 0.8711.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 97.328.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.