The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 4.42% or 1.10 points to trade at 25.99 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 2.00% or 0.540 points to end at 27.515 and Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) was up 1.86% or 7.25 points to 396.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 1.01% or 1.25 points to trade at 122.25 in late trade. Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) declined 0.39% or 0.055 points to end at 14.100 and Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) shed 0.12% or 0.15 points to 122.25.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which rose 11.77% to 24.690, TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which was up 4.42% to settle at 25.99 and Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which gained 3.21% to close at 95.35.
The worst performers were Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which was down 2.71% to 50.18 in late trade, ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which lost 1.56% to settle at 13.23 and Thales (PA: TCFP ) which was down 1.35% to 90.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 330 to 282 and 97 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 6.75% to 10.60.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.13% or 1.60 to $1271.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.38% or 0.22 to hit $58.31 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.29% or 0.19 to trade at $64.75 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.01% to 1.1871, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8876.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 92.86.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.