The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ), which rose 4.17% or 1.05 points to trade at 26.36 at the close. Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) added 2.70% or 0.286 points to end at 10.886 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) was up 2.69% or 1.54 points to 58.73 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Safran SA (PA: SAF ), which lost 1.67% or 2.00 points to trade at 117.55 in late trade. L’Oreal SA (PA: OREP ) declined 0.79% or 1.80 points to end at 227.30 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) shed 0.44% or 0.64 points to 146.00.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which rose 5.00% to 23.100, Elis Services SA (PA: ELIS ) which was up 4.69% to settle at 14.30 and CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which gained 4.58% to close at 1.553.
The worst performers were Eurofins Scientific SE (PA: EUFI ) which was down 3.58% to 360.60 in late trade, Neopost SA (PA: NPOS ) which lost 3.54% to settle at 22.92 and CNP Assurances SA (PA: CNPP ) which was down 2.60% to 19.500 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 346 to 224 and 106 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 10.26% to 13.16.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.51% or 6.65 to $1292.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.30% or 0.73 to hit $56.80 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.28% or 0.84 to trade at $66.58 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1241, while EUR/GBP fell 1.08% to 0.8538.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 97.148.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.