The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which rose 3.03% or 0.825 points to trade at 28.055 at the close. Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) added 1.91% or 1.76 points to end at 93.80 and Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) was up 1.95% or 0.240 points to 12.575 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 9.28% or 10.35 points to trade at 101.20 in late trade. Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) declined 0.74% or 0.12 points to end at 15.48 and Cap Gemini SA (PA: CAPP ) shed 0.64% or 0.70 points to 107.95.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which rose 3.03% to 28.055, Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which was up 3.01% to settle at 85.45 and Nexans (PA: NEXS ) which gained 2.84% to close at 28.95.
The worst performers were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which was down 9.28% to 101.20 in late trade, GTT (PA: GTT ) which lost 1.33% to settle at 59.35 and Covivio SA (PA: FDR ) which was down 1.23% to 88.40 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 336 to 182 and 121 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.23% to 12.87.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.41% or 5.00 to $1222.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.80% or 0.55 to hit $69.56 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.10% or 0.81 to trade at $74.56 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.32% to 1.1591, while EUR/GBP rose 0.17% to 0.8940.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.26% at 94.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.