The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Safran SA (PA: SAF ), which rose 2.52% or 2.80 points to trade at 113.75 at the close. L’Oreal SA (PA: OREP ) added 2.34% or 4.70 points to end at 205.90 and Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) was up 2.22% or 0.48 points to 22.14 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which lost 2.83% or 0.77 points to trade at 26.42 in late trade. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) declined 1.67% or 0.235 points to end at 13.835 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) shed 0.89% or 0.28 points to 30.61.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Sartorius Stedim Biotech (PA: STDM ) which rose 15.20% to 102.30, SEB SA (PA: SEBF ) which was up 3.38% to settle at 137.50 and Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which gained 3.15% to close at 22.30.
The worst performers were SCOR SE (PA: SCOR ) which was down 11.41% to 36.48 in late trade, Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which lost 3.47% to settle at 37.56 and Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was down 2.94% to 98.86 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 304 to 261 and 107 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.33% to 15.57.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.37% or 4.85 to $1307.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 2.69% or 1.40 to hit $53.39 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 2.62% or 1.57 to trade at $61.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.10% to 1.1422, while EUR/GBP rose 0.22% to 0.8699.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 95.512.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.