The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ), which rose 3.54% or 4.50 points to trade at 131.75 at the close. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) added 2.93% or 1.32 points to end at 46.43 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) was up 2.91% or 2.08 points to 73.52 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Danone SA (PA: DANO ), which lost 0.27% or 0.20 points to trade at 74.50 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) declined 0.14% or 0.022 points to end at 15.736 and Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) gained 0.25% or 0.04 points to 13.87.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Mercialys SA (PA: MERY ) which rose 3.85% to 11.61, Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which was up 3.80% to settle at 102.50 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) which gained 3.54% to close at 131.75.
The worst performers were Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which was down 5.03% to 30.00 in late trade, Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which lost 1.51% to settle at 65.300 and Alstom SA (PA: ALSO ) which was down 0.99% to 40.80 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 385 to 191 and 90 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.77% to 13.84.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.04% or 0.55 to $1412.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.24% or 0.14 to hit $59.29 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.14% or 0.09 to trade at $65.58 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.09% to 1.1358, while EUR/GBP fell 0.22% to 0.8947.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 95.795.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.