The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which rose 5.79% or 1.52 points to trade at 27.77 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 5.63% or 0.640 points to end at 12.010 and Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) was up 3.80% or 3.32 points to 90.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ), which lost 1.36% or 1.45 points to trade at 105.15 in late trade. L’Oreal SA (PA: OREP ) declined 0.81% or 1.60 points to end at 197.05 and Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) shed 0.69% or 0.21 points to 30.09.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Trigano (PA: TRIA ) which rose 14.28% to 84.85, CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was up 13.02% to settle at 1.467 and Plastic Omnium (PA: PLOF ) which gained 10.82% to close at 23.25.
The worst performers were Aeroports de Paris SA (PA: ADP ) which was down 4.57% to 162.90 in late trade, Mercialys SA (PA: MERY ) which lost 3.52% to settle at 12.33 and Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was down 3.36% to 114.95 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 408 to 170 and 86 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 0.98% to 18.77 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.26% or 3.35 to $1289.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 4.38% or 2.18 to hit $51.96 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 3.97% or 2.33 to trade at $61.05 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.78% to 1.1529, while EUR/GBP rose 0.42% to 0.9030.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.61% at 94.893.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.