The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Solvay SA (BR: SOLB ), which rose 2.93% or 3.25 points to trade at 114.35 at the close. Safran SA (PA: SAF ) added 2.61% or 2.14 points to end at 84.14 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) was up 2.52% or 0.470 points to 19.085 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ), which lost 0.41% or 0.06 points to trade at 13.20 in late trade. Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 points to end at 21.00 and Danone SA (PA: DANO ) gained 0.14% or 0.09 points to 64.05.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Altran Technologies (PA: ALTT ) which rose 5.54% to 12.580, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was up 4.80% to settle at 37.520 and Sartorius Stedim Biotech (PA: STDM ) which gained 3.92% to close at 71.65.
The worst performers were SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 2.77% to 11.77 in late trade, Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which lost 2.71% to settle at 20.84 and Eutelsat Communications (PA: ETL ) which was down 1.62% to 16.36 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 405 to 144 and 94 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 12.88% to 17.62.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.83% or 11.30 to $1343.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.11% or 0.07 to hit $65.48 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.14% or 0.10 to trade at $69.62 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.25% to 1.2412, while EUR/GBP rose 0.21% to 0.8764.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 88.93.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.