The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 4.76% or 0.570 points to trade at 12.545 at the close. LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) added 2.68% or 6.80 points to end at 260.65 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) was up 2.51% or 0.63 points to 25.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ), which lost 1.39% or 1.55 points to trade at 109.75 in late trade. Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) declined 0.57% or 0.45 points to end at 78.49 and Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) shed 0.16% or 0.16 points to 99.76.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Aperam SA (AS: APAM ) which rose 7.22% to 26.00, Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was up 5.35% to settle at 110.30 and Trigano (PA: TRIA ) which gained 5.27% to close at 84.90.
The worst performers were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 10.16% to 1.680 in late trade, Eurofins Scientific (PA: EUFI ) which lost 3.57% to settle at 367.20 and Sartorius Stedim Biotech (PA: STDM ) which was down 3.19% to 94.15 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 356 to 229 and 86 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 15.25% to 18.07.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.49% or 6.00 to $1227.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 3.65% or 1.95 to hit $55.38 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 2.32% or 1.45 to trade at $63.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.17% to 1.1389, while EUR/GBP rose 0.25% to 0.8913.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 96.618.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.