The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which rose 6.27% or 1.62 points to trade at 27.47 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 5.76% or 1.040 points to end at 19.098 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) was up 4.29% or 0.565 points to 13.730 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ), which lost 3.60% or 1.72 points to trade at 46.01 in late trade. Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) declined 0.94% or 1.50 points to end at 158.50 and Danone SA (PA: DANO ) shed 0.51% or 0.35 points to 68.34.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which rose 6.94% to 40.08, Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which was up 6.74% to settle at 52.90 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) which gained 6.27% to close at 27.47.
The worst performers were Korian Medica SA (PA: KORI ) which was down 4.77% to 34.360 in late trade, Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) which lost 3.60% to settle at 46.01 and Remy Cointreau (PA: RCOP ) which was down 1.35% to 117.30 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 410 to 162 and 90 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 4.47% to 14.31.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.28% or 3.65 to $1294.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.76% or 1.06 to hit $61.20 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.64% or 1.11 to trade at $68.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.1207, while EUR/GBP fell 0.88% to 0.8537.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 96.850.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.