The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ), which rose 3.17% or 1.50 points to trade at 48.78 at the close. Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) added 2.95% or 2.30 points to end at 80.30 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) was up 2.88% or 0.56 points to 20.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 1.13% or 0.218 points to trade at 19.030 in late trade. Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) declined 0.50% or 0.75 points to end at 149.80 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) gained 0.11% or 0.02 points to 17.50.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which rose 7.37% to 1.545, Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was up 6.92% to settle at 0.974 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which gained 4.29% to close at 51.250.
The worst performers were Eurofins Scientific (PA: EUFI ) which was down 4.61% to 302.20 in late trade, Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which lost 3.07% to settle at 67.950 and Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 2.39% to 1.450 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 344 to 234 and 102 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 6.16% to 15.98.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.47% or 6.15 to $1312.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.29% or 0.68 to hit $52.04 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.77% or 0.48 to trade at $61.62 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.45% to 1.1278, while EUR/GBP rose 0.29% to 0.8770.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.45% at 96.850.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.