The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 3.41% or 0.535 points to trade at 16.230 at the close. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) added 3.31% or 1.30 points to end at 40.57 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) was up 3.06% or 1.14 points to 38.26 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ), which lost 0.86% or 0.14 points to trade at 16.68 in late trade. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) declined 0.63% or 0.32 points to end at 50.78 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) shed 0.60% or 0.45 points to 74.67.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which rose 8.78% to 93.55, Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was up 5.14% to settle at 121.60 and Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which gained 4.86% to close at 1.079.
The worst performers were Casino Guichard (PA: CASP ) which was down 4.12% to 36.76 in late trade, Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ) which lost 2.69% to settle at 126.40 and Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which was down 2.56% to 9.330 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 288 to 281 and 99 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.97% to 12.28 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.11% or 1.30 to $1209.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.42% or 0.30 to hit $70.47 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.79% or 0.63 to trade at $78.77 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.69% to 1.1753, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8879.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.50% at 93.65.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.