The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ), which rose 3.77% or 3.18 points to trade at 87.48 at the close. Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) added 3.70% or 3.09 points to end at 86.65 and Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) was up 3.56% or 14.10 points to 410.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Orange SA (PA: ORAN ), which lost 2.96% or 0.42 points to trade at 13.78 in late trade. Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) declined 1.94% or 0.60 points to end at 30.30 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) shed 0.21% or 0.10 points to 47.20.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which rose 8.98% to 19.050, Altran Technologies (PA: ALTT ) which was up 6.91% to settle at 7.275 and Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which gained 6.53% to close at 75.320.
The worst performers were Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) which was down 2.96% to 13.78 in late trade, Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which lost 2.79% to settle at 0.925 and Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was down 2.38% to 118.95 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 420 to 165 and 81 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 5.53% to 18.95.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.25% or 3.20 to $1286.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.51% or 1.22 to hit $49.74 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.25% or 1.29 to trade at $58.62 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.20% to 1.1450, while EUR/GBP rose 0.32% to 0.9004.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 95.447.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.