The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ), which rose 4.98% or 5.15 points to trade at 108.60 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 3.40% or 0.632 points to end at 19.202 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) was up 3.13% or 0.76 points to 25.01 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AXA SA (PA: AXAF ), which lost 0.87% or 0.17 points to trade at 19.19 in late trade. Danone SA (PA: DANO ) declined 0.25% or 0.16 points to end at 62.81 and Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) shed 0.04% or 0.004 points to 9.886.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which rose 8.67% to 1.967, Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which was up 6.86% to settle at 52.15 and Trigano (PA: TRIA ) which gained 5.16% to close at 83.55.
The worst performers were SEB SA (PA: SEBF ) which was down 3.18% to 112.70 in late trade, Suez SA (PA: SEVI ) which lost 2.84% to settle at 11.980 and Europcar Groupe SA (PA: EUCAR ) which was down 2.04% to 7.69 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 382 to 200 and 84 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 8.10% to 20.90.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.02% or 0.20 to $1249.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.02% or 0.52 to hit $51.52 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.37% or 0.22 to trade at $60.19 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.33% to 1.1317, while EUR/GBP fell 0.07% to 0.9035.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 97.420.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.