The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ), which rose 3.35% or 4.50 points to trade at 138.65 at the close. Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) added 2.78% or 3.20 points to end at 118.20 and Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) was up 2.59% or 2.70 points to 107.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which lost 2.71% or 0.77 points to trade at 27.61 in late trade. Renault SA (PA: RENA ) declined 1.12% or 0.59 points to end at 52.00 and Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) shed 0.93% or 1.05 points to 111.35.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eutelsat Communications SA (PA: ETL ) which rose 4.31% to 15.97, Euronext (PA: ENX ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 63.70 and ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which gained 3.94% to close at 13.20.
The worst performers were Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which was down 12.65% to 72.060 in late trade, Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) which lost 2.71% to settle at 27.61 and Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which was down 2.32% to 37.95 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 339 to 213 and 86 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 8.60% to 13.92.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.90% or 11.65 to $1286.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.63% or 1.01 to hit $63.03 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.63% or 1.17 to trade at $72.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.20% to 1.1178, while EUR/GBP rose 0.24% to 0.8735.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 97.627.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.