The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ), which rose 4.40% or 3.30 points to trade at 78.32 at the close. Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) added 3.43% or 1.950 points to end at 58.850 and Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) was up 2.65% or 3.50 points to 135.35 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ), which lost 0.90% or 0.20 points to trade at 22.11 in late trade. BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) declined 0.46% or 0.19 points to end at 40.81 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) shed 0.29% or 0.06 points to 20.54.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which rose 8.48% to 83.800, Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was up 5.51% to settle at 2.220 and Mercialys SA (PA: MERY ) which gained 4.48% to close at 11.65.
The worst performers were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was down 2.05% to 16.280 in late trade, Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which lost 2.00% to settle at 21.520 and Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was down 1.08% to 8.064 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 385 to 173 and 96 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 4.76% to 14.56.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.37% or 4.95 to $1347.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 2.17% or 1.14 to hit $53.73 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 2.16% or 1.33 to trade at $63.00 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.59% to 1.1340, while EUR/GBP rose 0.24% to 0.8896.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.55% at 96.468.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.