The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 4.87% or 3.42 points to trade at 73.66 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 4.38% or 0.540 points to end at 12.860 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) was up 3.98% or 0.80 points to 20.88 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sodexo (PA: EXHO ), which lost 1.07% or 1.02 points to trade at 94.16 in late trade. Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) declined 1.07% or 0.79 points to end at 72.92 and EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) shed 0.04% or 0.05 points to 112.05.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eurofins Scientific (PA: EUFI ) which rose 8.70% to 359.80, Casino Guichard (PA: CASP ) which was up 8.29% to settle at 39.19 and Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which gained 7.13% to close at 88.70.
The worst performers were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 1.66% to 1.009 in late trade, Alstom SA (PA: ALSO ) which lost 1.60% to settle at 34.45 and DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was down 1.27% to 12.420 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 396 to 185 and 89 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 5.17% to 14.84 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.77% or 9.95 to $1282.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.92% or 1.52 to hit $53.59 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.22% or 1.36 to trade at $62.54 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.32% to 1.1359, while EUR/GBP rose 0.44% to 0.8810.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 96.028.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.