The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 3.25% or 0.55 points to trade at 17.30 at the close. Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) added 3.12% or 2.14 points to end at 70.64 and Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) was up 3.11% or 12.00 points to 397.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ), which added 0.24% or 0.05 points to trade at 21.02 in late trade. Renault SA (PA: RENA ) added 0.65% or 0.35 points to end at 54.03 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) gained 0.65% or 0.86 points to 133.26.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which rose 7.08% to 0.892, Nexans (PA: NEXS ) which was up 5.87% to settle at 24.00 and Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which gained 5.60% to close at 16.410.
The worst performers were Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which was down 1.24% to 55.80 in late trade, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which lost 1.22% to settle at 10.550 and Covivio SA (PA: FDR ) which was down 1.03% to 81.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 485 to 127 and 74 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 7.10% to 23.65.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.05% or 0.60 to $1281.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.57% or 0.70 to hit $45.31 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.78% or 0.41 to trade at $53.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.09% to 1.1439, while EUR/GBP fell 0.39% to 0.9006.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 95.947.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.