The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 5.86% or 1.36 points to trade at 24.57 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 5.58% or 1.380 points to end at 26.095 and Safran SA (PA: SAF ) was up 4.59% or 3.84 points to 87.44 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ), which added 0.76% or 0.90 points to trade at 119.30 in late trade. Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) added 0.90% or 0.56 points to end at 63.00 and Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) gained 0.94% or 0.179 points to 19.239.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which rose 10.77% to 73.860, Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which was up 6.29% to settle at 59.950 and Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which gained 6.14% to close at 4.460.
The worst performers were Solocal Group SA (PA: LOCAL ) which was down 1.46% to 1.148 in late trade, ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which lost 0.89% to settle at 13.30 and Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which was down 0.34% to 23.280 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 400 to 147 and 104 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 13.90% to 15.89.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.84% or 11.30 to $1328.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.41% or 0.26 to hit $63.63 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.56% or 0.38 to trade at $68.40 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.31% to 1.2239, while EUR/GBP rose 0.23% to 0.8741.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.41% at 90.15.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.