The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which rose 6.58% or 1.140 points to trade at 18.460 at the close. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) added 5.41% or 0.94 points to end at 18.23 and Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) was up 5.18% or 0.481 points to 9.764 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sodexo (PA: EXHO ), which added 0.62% or 0.54 points to trade at 87.64 in late trade. Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) added 0.71% or 0.10 points to end at 14.28 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) gained 0.91% or 0.68 points to 75.34.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Aperam SA (AS: APAM ) which rose 8.78% to 24.15, Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was up 7.82% to settle at 1.766 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which gained 6.58% to close at 18.460.
The worst performers were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 3.34% to 16.500 in late trade, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which lost 2.44% to settle at 13.600 and Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which was down 2.21% to 13.69 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 446 to 127 and 82 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 11.83% to 19.77.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.61% or 7.90 to $1286.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.81% or 0.85 to hit $47.94 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.89% or 1.06 to trade at $57.01 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.1401, while EUR/GBP fell 0.64% to 0.8961.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.752.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.