The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Danone SA (PA: DANO ), which rose 2.36% or 1.44 points to trade at 62.33 at the close. Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) added 1.85% or 0.34 points to end at 18.75 and L’Oreal SA (PA: OREP ) was up 1.76% or 3.05 points to 176.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which lost 2.40% or 0.93 points to trade at 37.70 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: ISPA ) declined 1.80% or 0.158 points to end at 8.607 and Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) shed 1.39% or 0.77 points to 54.56.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which rose 5.40% to 19.82, Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which was up 4.08% to settle at 26.545 and SCOR SE (PA: SCOR ) which gained 3.24% to close at 33.78.
The worst performers were Alten (PA: LTEN ) which was down 4.49% to 66.44 in late trade, Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which lost 2.78% to settle at 6.366 and Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) which was down 2.40% to 37.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 317 to 263 and 116 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.85% to 14.81.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.33% or 4.05 to $1234.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 1.51% or 0.82 to hit $53.51 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 1.57% or 0.89 to trade at $55.77 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.16% to 1.0554, while EUR/GBP rose 0.39% to 0.8482.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 101.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.