The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ), which rose 3.70% or 0.63 points to trade at 17.68 at the close. Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ) added 3.53% or 1.68 points to end at 49.28 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) was up 2.81% or 1.55 points to 56.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ), which lost 1.67% or 1.80 points to trade at 105.95 in late trade. Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) declined 1.27% or 0.95 points to end at 73.89 and Unibail Rodamco SE (AS: UNBP ) shed 1.14% or 2.45 points to 213.00.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Elis Services SA (PA: ELIS ) which rose 4.11% to 17.75, Korian Medica SA (PA: KORI ) which was up 3.92% to settle at 26.660 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) which gained 3.70% to close at 17.68.
The worst performers were Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ) which was down 1.67% to 105.95 in late trade, Fonciere des Regions (PA: FDR ) which lost 1.29% to settle at 77.34 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) which was down 1.27% to 73.89 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 326 to 284 and 101 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 4.02% to 15.94.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was down 0.23% or 2.75 to $1212.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.35% or 0.71 to hit $53.46 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.83% or 0.46 to trade at $55.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.07% to 1.0758, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8586.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.08% at 100.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.