The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ), which rose 2.93% or 0.252 points to trade at 8.841 at the close. BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) added 2.86% or 1.28 points to end at 46.24 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: ISPA ) was up 2.83% or 0.140 points to 5.085 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ), which lost 1.63% or 1.14 points to trade at 68.69 in late trade. Klepierre (PA: LOIM ) declined 1.50% or 0.61 points to end at 40.17 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) shed 0.81% or 0.11 points to 13.55.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Natixis (PA: CNAT ) which rose 4.06% to 4.124, Eurofins Scientific (PA: EUFI ) which was up 3.36% to settle at 400.35 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which gained 3.04% to close at 94.91.
The worst performers were Aeroports De Paris SA (PA: ADP ) which was down 3.00% to 89.84 in late trade, Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which lost 1.69% to settle at 34.355 and SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 1.65% to 22.12 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 361 to 290 and 115 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 2.10% to 19.30.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.88% or 11.65 to $1329.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 2.41% or 1.06 to hit $45.11 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.81% or 0.83 to trade at $46.71 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1159, while EUR/GBP rose 0.17% to 0.8599.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.20% at 95.78.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.