The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ), which rose 1.92% or 0.88 points to trade at 46.75 at the close. Safran SA (PA: SAF ) added 1.62% or 1.46 points to end at 91.36 and Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) was up 1.47% or 0.205 points to 14.175 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ), which lost 3.06% or 3.40 points to trade at 107.55 in late trade. Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) declined 1.68% or 1.85 points to end at 108.45 and L’Oreal SA (PA: OREP ) shed 1.66% or 3.00 points to 177.50.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which rose 4.88% to 1.912, Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which was up 1.98% to settle at 128.70 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) which gained 1.92% to close at 46.75.
The worst performers were Gecina Nom. (PA: GFCP ) which was down 5.54% to 144.90 in late trade, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which lost 4.85% to settle at 34.920 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which was down 3.98% to 51.90 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 303 to 278 and 101 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 9.38% to 16.23.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.25% or 16.70 to $1316.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 1.39% or 0.89 to hit $63.02 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.11% or 0.75 to trade at $66.54 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.67% to 1.2235, while EUR/GBP fell 0.32% to 0.8792.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.58% at 90.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.