The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ), which rose 2.05% or 1.51 points to trade at 75.29 at the close. Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) added 1.26% or 0.17 points to end at 13.63 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) was up 1.17% or 0.62 points to 53.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ), which lost 2.44% or 2.45 points to trade at 97.81 in late trade. Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) declined 2.32% or 8.80 points to end at 370.90 and Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ) shed 1.93% or 2.20 points to 111.75.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Trigano (PA: TRIA ) which rose 4.75% to 93.70, Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which was up 4.18% to settle at 27.92 and Alstom SA (PA: ALSO ) which gained 2.69% to close at 37.80.
The worst performers were Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which was down 5.67% to 58.250 in late trade, Plastic Omnium (PA: PLOF ) which lost 4.23% to settle at 26.51 and Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was down 3.26% to 7.956 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 254 to 179 and 51 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 9.41% to 18.17.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.66% or 8.10 to $1230.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.18% or 0.13 to hit $71.47 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.04% or 0.03 to trade at $80.46 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.25% to 1.1588, while EUR/GBP rose 0.13% to 0.8803.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.25% at 94.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.