The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Orange SA (PA: ORAN ), which rose 1.55% or 0.22 points to trade at 14.38 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 0.96% or 0.175 points to end at 18.435 and Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) was up 0.96% or 0.60 points to 62.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 3.88% or 4.45 points to trade at 110.20 in late trade. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) declined 1.29% or 0.72 points to end at 55.14 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) shed 1.24% or 0.68 points to 54.28.
The worst performers were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which was down 3.88% to 110.20 in late trade, Plastic Omnium (PA: PLOF ) which lost 2.26% to settle at 40.65 and Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 2.00% to 1.223 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 286 to 280 and 79 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 6.22% to 13.01.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.28% or 3.80 to $1351.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 1.20% or 0.81 to hit $66.58 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 1.10% or 0.80 to trade at $71.78 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.39% to 1.2378, while EUR/GBP fell 0.29% to 0.8637.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 89.17.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.