The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 1.90% or 0.365 points to trade at 19.600 at the close. Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) added 1.41% or 6.60 points to end at 475.30 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) was up 0.79% or 0.16 points to 20.29 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which lost 1.39% or 0.59 points to trade at 41.90 in late trade. Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) declined 1.38% or 0.20 points to end at 14.30 and Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) shed 1.24% or 1.06 points to 84.40.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eurofins Scientific (PA: EUFI ) which rose 8.15% to 451.40, Ingenico Group (PA: INGC ) which was up 5.85% to settle at 79.24 and Altran Technologies (PA: ALTT ) which gained 4.11% to close at 13.420.
The worst performers were Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which was down 9.06% to 12.85 in late trade, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which lost 4.57% to settle at 7.100 and Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which was down 3.55% to 23.36 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 357 to 219 and 94 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 4.61% to 15.70.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.50% or 6.30 to $1262.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 3.55% or 2.42 to hit $70.50 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 2.24% or 1.67 to trade at $76.22 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.33% to 1.1665, while EUR/GBP fell 0.01% to 0.8812.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.29% at 94.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.